By The Bride's Avenue
Ok, so the date is set and you've locked in the venue of your dreams. You've asked your tribe and he's asked his besties. So, now what?
Selecting your bridesmaid's dresses and attire for the fellas can be a daunting task! We've put together a few pointers to help you be on your way to lead fashionista and stylist of the century.
1. First things first, set the scene. What theme are you having for your wedding and how is the bridal fashion reflecting that? Short, floral dresses will work for a garden wedding, but not for a formal church wedding. Think about the big picture.
2. Collect ideas. Start looking for images of bridal fashion you like, and what you think will work with your setting, and your dress. Your bride tribe doesn't have to match you exactly, but something that coordinates appropriately will work best for photos and the overall look of the day.
3. Think about styles and colours that will flatter your girls. And be considerate. We know it's your day, but they're your dearest friends, so think about selecting a colour and style that they'll be sure to dance down the aisle in and feel confident and radiant in. If you've got a range of different sizes to consider, why not let each one choose their own style? Mix-matched dresses are everything at the moment, and they work on so many levels.
Try the same colour theme, but different styles:
Or a multiway dress in the same colour, but worn differently:
4. For the fellas, choose something that will complement the groom, but slightly different. After all, it's his day too - and he deserves to stand out! Try the groom in a jacket and the fella's in suspenders, or in a slightly different shade of suit colour.
5. SHOES maketh the outfit. Especially if they can be seen. Make sure everyone has the same colour shoes. The same style isn't as necessary - it's more important for people to be comfortable then have matching footwear (plus - differing heels for varying heights is something to consider for the girls!).
Recently we put together a fun styled shoot showcasing a stunning bridesmaid dress (or for the modern bride!) from local #TBAsupplier Camilla Jayne, and an extra sharp suit from Harry's for Menswear. These choices would be bound to have your bridal party smiling from ear to ear!
Photography // Sheri McMahon Photography
Venue // Taronga Western Plains Zoo
Hair + Makeup // Beauty by Kristen
Bridesmaid Dress // Camilla Jayne
Groomsmen Suit // Harry's for Menswear
Models // Ellise + Chris